Risk Assessment for preliminary task


Level of Risk Intensity Key
Green - Limited Amount of Risk
Orange - Somewhat Risky
Red- Very Risky

What is a risk assessment and why is it beneficial to use one?

A risk assessment is a system that allows your to identify possible occurring hazards during a filming environment. They highlight risks of all intensity levels as some may be more dangerous than others, however all could harm, impact and affect your filming process. Risk assessments help you to control and reduce further damage of cast or/and equipment. Health and safety is an important factor that must not be dis-included from any filming task it must be of your highest priority. With this in mind I decided to do a risk assessment, because I wanted to identify all the possible risks in the environment where I was filming to ensure safety of myself and others. In addition to this, I thoroughly assessed the location of video before planning any filming there. This was to ensure my location was safe enough for my actors in case of a risk in injury. Moreover, I looked for busy roads, slippery surfaces, dogs off leads and wires or objects obstructing the actors path.



Comments

  1. This was a great idea, know your dangers when filming. Did any of these come into effect when filming?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Matt. Despite not filming on a road there is defiantly great risks by filming near one, so we had to consider our safety from road users when crossing the road and additionally people near us. There were many dogs about but thankfully we had a trained dog handler with us and the dogs did not come in to contact with the camera equipment or the actors.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts